Want to join and test Zoom in Canvas?
Zoom is a videoconferencingsystem that can be used for teaching, lecturing and meetings with students. An integration of Zoom in Canvas is now being evaluated with the aim of facilitating teachers to manage web meetings in their courses.
(Note: this news article is dated to 2018-10-12)
Teachers should be able to create single or recurring web meetings for students to access directly in Canvas.The E-learning management object now receives interest from teachers who want to try using Zoom in their course room in Canvas.
This is a pilot study and if you sign up you need to be prepared to write down a summary of your experiences.
Do you want to contribute to the development of KTH's digital learning environment while gaining more knowledge about Zoom?
Welcome to attend!
More about Zoom
- Is used today by a number of Swedish universities.
- At KTH, Zoom will completely replace Adobe Connect (shutting down in January 2019).
- Zoom works well in meetings with many participants, such as teaching, as there are tools like "breakout rooms" and chat.
- Zoom is also good for conducting project meetings, lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- You can create surveys, share screen for presentations and set up virtual group rooms that students can use for group work.