The organisation of education at KTH
Here you will find an overview of the main bodies which make up the organisation of education activities on a university-wide level at KTH.
Decisions on KTH's educational activities are mainly organised under the Faculty Council and the schools' Faculty Boards. Sub-Portfolio Education is responsible for digitalisation initiatives for education.
Find general information about KTH's organisation and management here: Organisation and Management
The Faculty Council has a KTH-wide responsibility to improve the quality of education, research and collaboration with society as well as in recruitment and promotion processes for teacher positions. The Faculty Council's responsibilities and tasks related to education are, among other things, to:
- Manage and improve the quality system of KTH
- Act as a link between KTH’s management and teachers
- Create good conditions for cross-disciplinary exchange
The Faculty Boards have a school-specific responsibility for developing the quality of education within each school. The Faculty Boards' responsibilities and tasks related to education include:
- Long-term development of education in relation to KTH's vision and goals
- Follow up and develop quality within the framework of KTH's quality system
- Establish forms for collegial support and exchange across the school's areas of activity and subjects
Sub-Portfolio Education is one of three sub-portfolios developed at KTH. It coordinates and is responsible for digitalisation initiatives and management of IT support for education at KTH.