Support with proposals
The Research Support Office (RSO) provides your support and expertise in all phases of your research project, from preparation, initiation, application, and the contract phase to execution and reporting.
If you are a researcher preparing a major project proposal for external research funding, you can get support from the Research Support Office. The support can be on matters such as analysis of a call text, structuring of a project and proposal, or requirements and expectations from funding agencies.
Analysing a call text
RSO can help you to analyse a call text and/or its background information to find out the underlying intention and expectations of the call.
The project proposal and content
RSO can help you formulate your proposal in a structured way that meets the criteria of the funding agencies and reviewers.
Selection criteria and requirements of research funding agencies
We offer support in reading your draft proposal and provide feedback on its structure and how well it meets the criteria and requirements specified by a particular funding agency.
Specific questions and requirements
If you have specific questions, RSO can guide you in addressing the funding agency’s requirements, such as research ethics, gender aspects, open access, or export control.
Seminars on demand
You can contact RSO if you wish to book a seminar as a group (school, department or research group). Listed below are the seminars currently offered, but RSO can also tailor a seminar or workshop according to your wishes based on these topics.
- Research funding landscape in Sweden and Europe.
- How to succeed with your grant application.
- Creating a data management plan - DMP.
- How to write an application for an ethics review.
- Introduction to Horizon Europe.
- Proposal Writing for Collaborative Projects in Horizon Europe.
- Introduction to Pathfinder-programme within Horizon Europe.
- Impact in Horizon Europe proposals.
- National funding opportunities.
- The Wallenberg Foundations.
- Nomination for the Wallenberg Academy Fellows program.
- Wallenberg Research projects with high scientific potential.
- Wallenberg Scholars.
- Improve your Formas application with a focus on the grounds of assessment for societal relevance and communication.
Meet a research advisor
You are always welcome to contact us with questions about research funding applications and to book a meeting with one of our research advisors .
Remember, the sooner before the call deadline that you contact us, the better the support RSO can provide for a successful proposal.
If you have questions about budgets, please contact the financial administrator at your school.