Here you can find information on the most prominent funding agencies in Sweden relevant to KTH, how to apply and when to contact Research Support Office.
List of the most prominent funding agencies
Here is a list of the most prominent funding agencies from whom KTH receives external research funding. NB – all applications for Wallenberg grants must be processed by the Research Support Office. For other national funding agencies you can apply directly. There is a joint portal for applying to Formas, Forte and VR called Prisma . Read more about Prisma here .
FORMAS , Swedish Research Council for Sustainable Development
Forte , Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare
MISTRA , the development of strong environmental research environments
- Riksbankens Jubileumsfond , for the advancement of the humanities and social sciences
- Swedish Energy Agency
- Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research
- Swedish Research Council , The Swedish Research Council is Sweden’s largest governmental research funding body, and supports research of the highest quality within all scientific fields.
- STINT , The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education
- Vinnova , Sweden’s Innovation Agency
- The Wallenberg Foundation
Applying for an individual or collaboration project?
- Individual, national research projects are managed by the schools at KTH and the applications are handled by the research leaders themselves.
- Collaboration projects can be a partnership with industry, public sector, other universities or academic institutions. In collaboration agreements, KTH should have partner status.
- It is important that you contact Research Support Office in the planning phase of a collaboration project.