Skip to main content
To KTH's start page To KTH's start page

National funding

This page contains information on the most prominent funding agencies in Sweden relevant to KTH, how to apply for funding and when to contact the Research Support Office (RSO).

Below is a list of funding agencies that frequently grant KTH external research funding. Please note that all applications for Wallenberg grants must be processed by RSO. For other national funding agencies, you can apply directly. There is a joint portal for applying to Formas, Forte and the Swedish Research Council called Prisma .

To webpage on Prisma

Prominent funding agencies for KTH

Individual or collaboration project?

Individual, national research projects are run by the schools at KTH and the applications are handled by the research leaders themselves.

Collaboration projects may be a partnership with industry, the public sector, or other universities or academic institutions.

In collaboration agreements, KTH should have partner status. It is therefore important that you contact RSO early in the planning phase of a collaboration project.

Two people sitting by a table, working and talking. Photo: Olof Holdar

RSO offers support by

  • Hosting information seminars, check the intranet calendar  and the RSO newsletter.
  • Provides information and manages the KTH process for selection of nominees to the Wallenberg Foundation grants. Check the intranet calendar  and RSO newsletter.