Ethics review application support
In Sweden, research activities involving humans and animals are covered by the Ethics Review Act (2003:460), and the Animal Welfare Act (2018:1192). These research activities may require ethical review/permit before the work can actually start. KTH provides ethics review application support.
It is important to identify the part of the research activities conducted in Sweden that may need ethical approval/review and plan the research accordingly.
The Research Support Office offers advice on the ethics review procedure. In complement, the KTH Life Science Platform provides information and guidance for ethical permit application concerning:
- Research involving humans
- Studies with human participants
- Studies using biological samples
- Studies using sensitive personal data
- Setting up a biobank
- Research involving animal experimentation and the 3Rs