Skip to main content

Acceptable forms of identification at KTH

Here you can see which ID documents are approved for identification at KTH.

The following documents are approved for authentication:

  • Valid passport (provisional passports are not accepted)

  • Valid Swedish national ID card

  • Valid Swedish driving licence

  • Valid Swedish SIS-marked ID card or ID card issued by a government authority, for example the Swedish Tax Agency

  • Citizens of an EU/EEA country without a Swedish social security number can use a valid national ID card as identification

Examples of documents that are not approved for authentication:

  • Presenting a digital ID document
  • Photo of a valid ID document
  • The Swedish Migration Agency's SIS-marked residence permit card

  • Foreign driving licence

  • Provisional passports
Did you find this page useful?
Thank you for helping us!
Belongs to: Student web
Last changed: Sep 05, 2023