ITM Development Plan - a summary
How should the ITM School develop during the years 2018-2023? What strategic investments should be made to support the school's mission and vision? The ITM School's development plan in brief gives answers.
Vision and Mission
Innovation, entrepreneurship & digitalization
Innovation and entrepreneurship, and digitalization have been identified as the key enablers to reach our goals – this holds true for education, for research and for impact on society.
Our academic environment should reflect leadership in industrial engineering, with up-to-date premises and state-of-the-art infrastructure. To fulfill this vision, our focus is on developing the following five areas:
- Research Intelligence and Communication
- Premises and Infrastructure
- The ITM Innovation Arena
- Innovation Eco-System
- Our working environment
ITM should be a leading research environment in Europe in technology and management, driving towards a sustainable future. The vision will be reached by fulfilling the following goals:
- Create awareness
- Attract top talents
- Transformation of industry
- Strategic collaborations and networks
- Incentives, resources and infrastructure
ITM should provide the best research driven education in a creative, innovative, sustainable learning environment characterized by supreme quality and a distinct identity.
- Sustainable engineering
- Awareness of gender and equality
- Preparations for future global challenges
- Extensive industry cooperation
- I&E and student-centred teaching environments
- Extensive pedagogical development
- Comprehensive integration of digitalization
PhD studies at the ITM School should be characterized by flexible processes emphasising the development of high levels of creativity and individual specialisation.
- Internationalization and industrial cooperation
- Gender mainstreaming
- PhD Courses
- Administrative systems
The complete ITM Development plan 2018-2023
A printable version of the ITM development plan 2018-2023 (pdf 98 kB)