Welcome to ITM School!
It is important that you have a good start as a new employee at ITM School. Here you will find an introduction, important links and courses that you can participate at KTH.
About the ITM School
The school consists of six departments located at Campus Valhallavägen and Campus Södertälje. The Financial Team , Human Resources Team , School's Office for Student Affairs and Service Center are located at Lindstedtsvägen 30. The management (Head of school, Deputy head of school and Administrative head) as well as Communications Team are on Osquars backe 31 (the south tower above the library).
To-do list for new employees
So that you quickly become a part of us.
For all new employees
- Sign up for the university-wide Welcoming day for newly recruited to KTH .
- Read information for you who are new to KTH . Here you will find information about KTH's vision, KTH's organisation and personnel policy.
Enter information about next of kin in the self-reporting HR-plus .
- Read about your employment . You will find information about employment conditions, benefits, working hours, work environment, leave and much more.
- Create your profile page .
- Sign up for KTH's compulsory Environmental courses for employees and Basic course in fire prevention. Also sign up for the education on GDPR and other digital educations on, for example, communication and Canvas' learning platform. KTH's courses for employees (Swedish) .
- Test your access card and key.
- Ask your manager or supervisor what software and licenses need to be ordered.
- Import KTH's email signature .
To get a salary and a correct tax deduction
- Register your bank account to Nordea . KTH's employer number at Nordea is 505751. If you do not register your account at Nordea, you will receive the payment on a Plusgiro payment card that is sent to your address (see and change the address in the Self-Reporting under my personal information).
- Send an A-skattsedel (tax slip) to Lönefunktionen 1, firstname.lastname@example.org to get the correct tax deducted from the salary.
Moving to Sweden
If you move from abroad there are a few things to do before arriving in Sweden. KTH Relocation provides support to those who are new to Sweden.
- Register with KTH Relocation.
- Follow Relocation's checklist .
- Inform your manager when your travel preparations are complete and you can decide on your start day at KTH.
Your welcome folder with useful information
When you start at the ITM School, you receive a welcome folder with the following information:
- Map of KTH Campus or KTH Södertälje .
- The folder Introductions to KTH.
- Register payroll digitally on Nordea’s website.
- Approval of central postal opening . Submit the form to the Record Manager at ITM.
- Register your secondary employment (pdf 60 kB) Submit the form to the HR team at ITM. Guidelines regarding secondary employment at KTH.
- Equality, diversity and equal conditions at ITM .
- Organisation chart for the School's Office of ITM (pdf 52 kB) , and ITM departments' abbreviations and facts. (pdf 52 kB) .