Skip to main content

Purchasing and procurement

KTH is a state authority. Everyone who works here and who wants to buy something needs to know what rules apply.

How to make a purchase

If you are to buy a product or service, follow this procedure (in numerical order):

  1. You must purchase goods and services that are included in KTH's framework agreement, start by looking in WISUM  and in the framework database (Swedish) . If you do not find what you are looking for, continue with point 2.
  2. If what you are looking for does not exist on KTH's agreement, check if the item or service is available on the governmental framework agreements, these can be found on .
  3. If what you are looking for is not on an agreement, you must make a procurement. There are two types of procurement, direct procurement and purchases that exceed the direct purchase limit, we call this procurement.

More information about purchasing on

Purchases of computers, mobile devices, licenses and telecommunications

If you need to buy a new computer, mobile, licence or an IT service you can do that through a specific form or through the Ordering Portal for ITA Services. 

More information about IT purchases at the ITM School

Purchase catering

Service Center helps with the purchase of catering.

Order catering via a form

Environmental requirements

Environmental requirements are set for the procurement of individual objects as well as for framework agreements used at KTH.

When calling from a framework agreement, the customer must choose as environmentally friendly an alternative as possible (where such choices are possible) based on, for example, the eco-labels on the goods included in KTH's framework agreement.

Eco labelling

The independent eco labels used in Sweden can be found on the Good Environmental Choice's page Get an overview of the eco-labels (Swedish) .

Tips to reduce the environmental impact of purchasing:

  • Choose products with environmental and / or sustainability labelling.
  • Coordinate orders to reduce the number of shipments.
  • Reuse products.
  • Repair products.
  • Choose energy-efficient products.
  • Deselect disposable items when appropriate.

Invoice address

When you buy something and the company should send a invoice, the invoice should be sent to:

Kungliga Tekniska högskolan
Box 24075
104 50 Stockholm

It is important that you use your KTH-id as a reference in the bill, such as; KTHID KTHITM

More about invoicing at KTH (Swedish)

Contact purchasing department at KTH

Purchasing and procurement department at KTH:

Belongs to: Industrial Engineering and Management (ITM)
Last changed: Dec 06, 2022