Goods and services must be purchased through contracted suppliers and paid via invoice. If you still make a purchase on KTH's behalf, here is how you apply for compensation in KTH-RES.

 If you have had expenses that are not linked to any business trip, this page is for you. If you have had expenses during a business trip, please refer to instructions on the Travel page .


If you have had expenses KTH's behalf, you can apply for compensation in the KTH-RES system. Payment is made to the bank account where you receive your salary. Payments are made twice a month. Expenses must be reported as soon as possible after purchase, but within one year at the latest. The right to compensation lapses after one year, no exceptions may be given.

Register your expenses in KTH-RES

  1. Go to KTH-RES. If you are not already logged in, log in with your KTH information.
  2. Press the Create expense report button.
  3. In the drop-down list, select Expenses only/Use of one’s own car
  4. Select the date of purchase and Yes on the question of registering expenses.
  5. If you paid with a Eurocard from KTH, you can select the expense you want compensation for directly from the list at the top. The amount will be filled in automatically.
  6. Select the expense category: Expense, external entertainment or internal entertainment. For entertainment, the specify the purpose in the Description field.
  7. Select the expense type. Here are all types of expenses except Övriga förskott and arbetsmåltid (these must be registered by the administrator in HR-plus web, contact your school).
  8. Fill in Description
  9. Enter the amount including VAT. The system automatically calculates the VAT for Swedish expenses, but you have to adjust it manually if there is another VAT amount on the receipt. The VAT amount must not be rounded off. VAT should not be stated for expenses for entertainment and entertainment gifts.
  10. Currency is SEK by default; select another currency using the drop down list. The system fills in the current exchange rate at the date of purchase you specified. If you have paid in another currency, change it manually. NOTE! If you paid by card, you can instead state the cost in Swedish kronor and attach a copy of your bank statement and original receipts.
  11. Receipt number: Number your receipts; enter the corresponding number in this box.
  12. Alternative accounts: If you want to report several expenses that require reporting to different accounts, enter accounts here.
  13. Select Add the expense to save your expense.
  14. Select No more expenses to continue. If you want to report additional expenses, repeat step 5-13.
  15. Under the General tab, enter the description and purpose (select Expenses).
  16. Under the Accounting tab, your org.enhet is already filled in. If the expense should be accounted on another org you may change it. Fill in the projekt code your expense should be accounted on. By typing the title of the project or your organisation you will receive suggestions for the project code.
  17. To make it easier for your attester to approve your outlay quickly, scan your physical receipts and attach as a file under "Appendix". If you received the original receipt in electronic format, upload it here.
  18. Select an attester that shall approve your outlay. You can only select the attesters who are eligible to approve expenses in the Org you selected during accounting.
  19. Press send for approval. You can then choose to open the Expense Appendix. Print this, attach your numbered physical original receipts and send / submit to the travel administration at your school.

    If you work at GVS, your receipts should be sent to Löner (Payroll), Brinellvägen 8.

The Accounting Act requires KTH to retain original receipts for a certain period. NOTE! If you have received your original receipt in electronic format, it is sufficient to attach it under Appendices. Then contact the travel administration at your school so they know that they should not wait for a physical receipt before reviewing the outlay.