Support during summer
The Professional support's opening hours
During the summer the Professional support is on site, but to a limited extent. Opening hours in Service centers differ and the response times may be slightly longer.
E-mail the Professional support
All units can be accessed as usual via the e-mail addresses (funktionsadresser) but with slightly longer response times.
- The School’s office of student affairs e-mail address for teachers, firstname.lastname@example.org , is not monitored during the weeks 29–30 (18–29 July).
- The Communication unit is not staffed during the weeks 29 and 31 (18–22 July and 1-5 August).
Service center opening hours
Week 27 to 32 (4 July– 12 August), Service center's receptions at Borggården, Electrum and Q are open Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:00–12:00.
Employees are available back office during office hours and can be contacted throughout the summer via Service center's e-mail address or by phone at 08-790 40 00.
Fruit and milk deliveries are paused during the weeks 26–32 (28 June– 12 August).
- Invoices will be handled as usual. If you usually handle invoices and purchases, it is important that you activate your replacement before the holiday. Contact email@example.com if you do not have a replacement.
- Mail is delivered daily at both KTH campus and KTH Kista.
- Staff will be around to receive deliveries through a special delivery phone number that will be posted on the entrance doors.
- Access requests, deliveries and simple catering orders will be available all summer (please note that restaurants and catering suppliers may be closed).
Purchases during the summer
During weeks 27–32 (4 July – 12 August) we handle only purchases via Wisum, however with longer response times than normal. During weeks 25–32 (20 June – 12 August), we will start no new direct procurements and purchases that require card payment will not be handled.
The recruitment system closed
Recruitment advertisements (publication of advertisements) will be closed for the summer from 13 July to 5 August. The last day for requesting publication is Monday 11 July. Remember to also extend any ads that expire during that period.
To ensure that ads are published and extended in time, submit a request for publication at least three business days in advance.
IT support and purchase of IT equipment
IT support is open all summer, but with a slightly lower service level due to lower staffing.
You can receive support via firstname.lastname@example.org and 08–790 66 00, all summer from 8:00–16:30.
All functions are running all summer but with lower staffing.
Available all summer with lower staffing.
pEECS summer break
The newsletter pEECS takes a summer break and the last issue will be sent 23 June. pEECS will ba back again 18 August.
Signature from the Head of School during the summer
Between weeks 26-32 the school's office goes on holiday, which means that answers and signatures may be delayed. We will do our best to handle the cases that come in.
As usual, matters are sent electronically to the Head of School (including the cover page). Original documents sent by internal mail cannot be guaranteed an immediate signature. Every week a head of school will be on call, which means that he or she will handle the cases.
Contracts that will require legal review and signature via RSO before and during the summer
During the summer the Research Support Office (RSO) is not fully staffed. This means cases will take longer to address. Already ongoing cases will continue to be handled according to their deadlines and new cases received during the summer will be started if the management at the schools confirms the case as urgent or prioritised.
Your phone and auto-reply
In order to give students , our fellow workers and the public the very best service, KTH Switchboard asks you to encode your extensions when you're not able to take your calls.
Also, remember to add an auto-reply to your e-mail.