School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
Third cycle education at EECS
Step 1: Recruitment
Follow the instructions found on the web page for recruitment of doctoral students .
Step 2: Admission
When the recruitment process is finalized and a candidate has been selected, the main supervisor starts the admission process by submitting the following documents to Doctoral Education Support:
☐ One of the following two forms, signed by the prospective doctoral student:
- Degree of Doctor: Application for doctoral studies (third cycle studies)
- Degree of Licentiate (rare): Application for licentiate studies (third cycle studies)
☐ Copies of the applicant's Degree of Master, transcripts or diplomas proving that the general and special entry requirements have been met. The special entry requirements are specified in the third cycle subject's study plan
☐ Other documents depending on type of funding:
- Employed by KTH: HR will send us the documentation which was finalized in the recruitment process (step 1)
- Employed by the industry: A copy of the signed industrial doctoral student agreement, as mentioned in the recruitment process (step 1)
- Scholarships or collaborations between universities: Contact us for more information
☐ Within one month after admission, the main supervisor must create an ISP for the doctoral student.
☐ If the doctoral student will have an assistant supervisor not employed at KTH, the main supervisor also needs to fill out this web form: Application for eISP user account for supervisors .
Step 3: Employment (if employed at KTH)
HR will contact the main supervisor to set up an employment contract. For more information, contact HR at your devision .
Step 4: Practical arrangements
The Service Center will contact the main supervisor to have the practical arrangements sorted out, such as access card, key, office space etc. For more information, contact email@example.com .
Guest doctoral students
For guest doctoral students visiting KTH (no admission), the hosting faculty member should contact the Service Center well in advance, using this form: Guest Form - for all guests/visitors to KTH EECS .
Order of decisions related to the admission process (in Swedish)