Course information for teachers
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
On this page
Step 1: Prepare to give a doctoral course*
Fill out this web form to create a course offering at EECS (required).
Doctoral Education Support is the recipient of the web form. We will register the course offering in Kopps, which exports the data to Ladok and Canvas. After that, the course will be searchable and visible as an upcoming course for doctoral students. Read more on the web page Course information for doctoral students under the subheading "How to find planned courses".
Based on the information entered in the web form, we assist with merging Canvas course rooms with help from IT-Support, announcing courses in pEECS and/or Slack with help from the Communication Unit, etc. Note that according to the school's channels , mailing lists are no longer used to announce courses.
* If you wish to create a new doctoral course, see the subheading Establishing a new doctoral course below.
Step 2: Admit and register doctoral students before the course
If using Canvas
Send a class list to email@example.com before the course starts. The doctoral students will then get admitted and registered in Ladok and access the course material in Canvas.
If not using Canvas
Course admission and registration in Ladok is not required before the course starts. Instead, this will be made in connection with reporting results after the course.
Step 3: Report course results after the course
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Course code
- Course name
- Doctoral student's full name
- Doctoral student's civic registration number
- Year and period when the course was held
- Examination date
No course credits are registered until the examiner has certified the result in Ladok.
Step 4: Upload a course analysis after the course
Establishing a new doctoral course
After discussing the course with the programme director (PA), fill out the following form digitally: Form for registration of third-cycle course in Ladok (docx 80 kB)
- Begin the process well in advance of when you want to give the course
- The course must have an examiner
- The course must have information in both Swedish and English
- Doctoral Education Support can generate a course code, so that field may be left blank. The course code begins with an F, followed by two letters based on the previous division code (e.g. DD, ID, EK), followed by a 3 and then three unique identifying digits. The course code might look like this: FDD3xxx
- Email the completed form as an editable Word-file to email@example.com
- Doctoral Education Support will organize obtaining signatures
- The examiner will be notified when the course is established in KOPPS and Ladok. The course will then be visible in the course and programme directory .