School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
Admission to doctoral studies
When a candidate has been selected, the main supervisor starts the admission process by submitting the following documents to Doctoral Education Support:
☐ One of the following two forms, signed by the prospective doctoral student:
- Degree of Doctor: Application for doctoral studies (third cycle studies)
- Degree of Licentiate (rare): Application for licentiate studies (third cycle studies)
☐ Copies of the applicant's Degree of Master, transcripts or diplomas proving that the general and special entry requirements have been met. The special entry requirements are specified in the third cycle subject's study plan .
☐ Documents depending on type of funding:
- Employed at KTH (doctoral studentship): Initiation letter approved by the Head of Division. HR will send us this document, which was created at the start of the recruitment process .
- Employed at KTH (doctoral studentship): Compilation and ranking of top candicates . HR will send us this document, which was created at the end of the recruitment process .
- Employed by the industry: Contact the school's agreement officer to draw up an industrial doctoral student agreement, which must be signed by the Head of School and the employer. Send a copy of the finalized agreement to Doctoral Education Support before admission (required).
- Scholarships or other collaborations between universities: Contact us for more information.
To do directly after admission
☐ Within one month after admission, the main supervisor must create an ISP for the doctoral student.
☐ If the doctoral student will have an assistant supervisor not employed at KTH, the main supervisor also needs to fill out this web form: Application for eISP user account for supervisors .
Guest doctoral students
For guest doctoral students visiting KTH (no admission), the hosting faculty member should contact the Service Center well in advance, using this form: Guest Form - for all guests/visitors to KTH EECS .