Skip to main content
To KTH's start page To KTH's start page

Purchases, procurement and expenses

This is how you purchase a product or service.

KTH is a government body. Everyone at KTH who makes a purchase needs to know what rules apply.  

Purchase of a product or service 

Follow these steps:

  1. Check if the product is available in WISUM . All KTH employees should be able to log in to WISUM. Contact us  if you cannot. If the product is available in WISUM you add it to your shopping cart and send it to *EECS Servicecenter (För inköpsuppdrag)
    Make sure you add the invoice reference "sakattest" of the person who will approve this purchase.
  2. If the product is not available in WISUM , look up a price quote on three suppliers where the product may be bought. Contact Purchase at   to get assistance with the purchase. After approval from the financial approver Purchase will arrange the order.

Download the process map for purchases (pdf 64 kB)

IT orders

The purchasing team can help you with IT orders concerning computers and phones, alongside peripherals. This service encompasses both preconfigured shopping carts in Wisum and orders placed through the IT portal. If you need assistance placing an order, reach out to

Framework agreement database

If you are interested in seeing which companies KTH has a framework agreement with, you can find it in KTH's framework agreement database  (NB: in Swedish).

Direct procurement

If the product or service you require is not available in any framework agreement, we have to make a direct procurement. This procedure depends on the amount of the product. We will help you through this process.

Credit/purchase cards

EECS recomend that you use a FUP-card for payments that require a credit card. They may be used in service as well as for private mathers. Read more about them here  and if you wish to apply for a card you can do so here .

The purchase team have credit cards that may be used for smaller payments, invoice is however always preferable. Please contact us well in advance if you'd like to use the card for a payment to make an appointment. We need approval by the project manager before we can issue the payment. 


Goods and services must be purchased through contracted suppliers and paid via invoice. If you still make a purchase on KTH's behalf, here is how you apply for compensation in KTH-RES

If you have had an expense for which you are to claim reimbursement, follow the guidelines set out on KTH's central expenses page

Original receipts should always be attached to the expense report you print from KTH-res. Under the heading "Travel Expense Specifications" on the EECS page for business trips  , you will find the address to where you should send the expense report and original receipts.

Expenses for membership

Compensation for expenses for membership will be taxed as a benefit. This also applies when the membership is work-related and when a membership means lower conference fees. Only if the membership applies to a group or division is it free of benefit taxation.