Sharing files with people outside KTH
You can share files with people outside KTH. To do that, you can use two different ways. Share with specific people, which allows you to determine exactly which people outside KTH can access the link, or you share files with anyone where you have less control over who can access the link.
Share with specific people. This will allow you to share links with only people you specify and only these people will be able to access the shared file or folder.
Share with all. This is only recommended to use when the first option isn´t an option.
Share with specific people
The guide below allow you to share links with only people you specify and only these people will be able to access the shared file or folder.
- Start by highlighting the file or folder you want to share and then press the 3 dots and then "Share"
- Change the option from "People in KTH with the link" to "Specfic people"
- If you want people to be able to edit, then click on "Allow editing"
- Add the e-mail address of the people you want to share the link with and press "Send"
- Now the link has been sent
Share with anyone
The guide shows how you can send or share links with anyone that have access to it. It is very important to know that this way of sharing has an expiry day, and it can't be extended.
*This is only recommended to use when the share with specific people isn't an option.
- Start by choosing the folder/file you want to share.
- Click and choose “Anyone with the link” as the image below
- Don’t forget to set an expiry day and other settings, if you don’t want to have the automatic expiration day and press "Apply"
- Copy the link and send it through e-mail or publish it so that people can access it. You can also add people's e-mail and send it.