Booking and Cancellation of a meeting and/or room in Outlook
How to book and cancel booked rooms and meetings using Outlook.
Before you begin
- The booking has to be done in your personal calendar in Outlook.
- You are not allowed to make the booking from a shared mailbox.
- Even if you try to make a booking in the calendar of the room it will be done in your personal calendar.
- If you need to remove the booking it has to be done in your personal calendar in Outlook..
Book a meeting and or room
- Open Outlook and click on Calendar.
- Doubleclick at the time you want your meeting.
- Click on Scheduling Assistant.
- To add a meeting room click Add Rooms... .Also to invite attendees at the same time click Add Attendees... .
- Type in the name of the room and mark it and click Rooms button and then OK. Same procedure when you add Attendees.
- A colored field, with or without text inside, will show when the participant or the room is occupied with other appointments (until 12:00 in this example). If that is the case you can chose another date or time. If the booking looks ok click Save. If you have invited attendees click on Send.
- You have to recieve a notification by e-mail that the booking is accepted. If you dont get that notification the room is not booked.
- Some room have an approover the has to admit the booking. The room is not booked until admitted.
Cancel a booking
- To cancel the booking of a room you have to do that in your personal calendar. Choose Delete.
- And send it to all participants, which includes the room. It might take a little while for the booking of the room to dissapear.