Password rules at KTH
Information about password rules at KTH
General about Username and Password
To log in to KTH's web-based services, public computers, webmail, etc., you need a username and a password. The password is personal and should be kept confidential, which means it should be known only by you.
KTH never asks its users for passwords, and especially doesn't request they be sent via email or provided over the phone. If you've responded to so-called phishing emails and disclosed your password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com immediately.
In our computer systems, the kth.se account is used, which means you use the same login details when logging into the computer as when logging into the web-based systems like My Pages, KTH's webmail, and others.
Change of Password
Passwords are changed at auth.id.kth.se .
To ensure that it's not possible to have overly simple passwords, there are certain requirements that your password must meet:
The password must meet the following requirements:
- The password must be at least 12 characters long.
- It must contain at least one lowercase letter: a-z.
- It must contain at least one uppercase letter: A-Z.
- It must contain at least one special character: for example, #_.-.
- It must contain at least one number: 0-9.
- It must not contain three or more consecutive characters from your username, first name, last name, birthdate, or Swedish Personal Identity Number.
- It must not contain your username, first name, or last name.
- It must not contain spaces.
If you have already activated your kth.se account but have forgotten your password, you can change the password using Mobile BankID. If you do not have Mobile BankID, you will need to visit KTH Entré (or your local IT-support) to get a new one.
Please note that you must bring a valid photo identification, and we do not provide passwords via e-mail or similar means.
Lost Account Information
Take care of your username and password. The information is a personal, valuable document, and you should never disclose them to anyone. If you have lost your account details, you should report it as soon as possible to KTH IT-Support.