Nominations for the KTH pedagogical prize 2022 is open!
The quality of the education is crucial for KTH. For this reason, KTH's management wants to recognise and reward teachers who have made great efforts to improve the quality of the education. Therefore, it is now high time to nominate for KTH's pedagogical prize in 2021.
Two teachers at KTH receive the prize consisting of travel scholarships worth 20,000 kr for each winner. Welcome to nominate teachers you consider having made particularly significant contributions to the education at KTH. Here, education refers to all forms of education, including the supervision of thesis workers and doctoral students. The complete nomination criteria are listed below.
Recent recipients are
2021 Ninni Carlsund Levin och Mark Smith
2020 Anita Kullen och Stefan Stenbom
2019 Susann Boij and Peter Dinér
2018 Anna-Karin Högfeldt and Gunnar Tibert
2017 Tina Karrbom Gustavsson and Patric Jensfelt
2016 Emma Strömberg and Mikael Ersson
2015 Malin Åberg-Wennerholm and Gunnar Karlsson
2014 Jan Scheffel and Lars Filipsson
2013 Linda Kann and Stefan Hallström
2012 Anna Finne Wistrand and Carl Mikael Zetterling
Send your nomination, including motivation, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
Teachers who, according to one or several of the following nomination categories, have made an outstanding educational contribution that promotes student learning can be nominated for the educational price.
1. Contributions to Teaching
Recognized interest in and commitment to the development of education as well as recognized teaching skills, which means proven ability to pursue an education that leads to good results, for example:
- create a positive climate that stimulates students' commitment and interest in the subject and thereby promotes learning
- encourage the students in their learning, creativity, and critical thinking
- set the course contents in and, for the students, understandable context
- connect with students' experiences
- adapt teaching to students' backgrounds and level
- provide students with constructive feedback on their learning in different situations and what they need to develop further
- innovate and develop teaching and assessment methods
- use web-based teaching methods in a way that adds value to the student's learning
2. Collaboration with colleagues / Pedagogical leadership
A clear and appreciated educational leadership with a recognized interest in and commitment to driving the development of teaching, which, for example, shows the ability to:
- ensure that new students are received in such a way that they enjoy and find their feet at the institution
- motivate students and colleagues to participate in the development of educational objectives and strategies and take joint responsibility for the education
- realize new ideas for teaching and learning
- create a positive climate for discussion of educational issues among colleagues
- initiating various educational activities for teachers
- support other teachers' professional development
- support teachers' initiatives to develop teaching
- create an effective introduction for new teachers
- evaluate and monitor the impact of various pedagogical initiatives
- exploit and find financial and human resources that facilitate the educational development