School working group for gender equality, diversity and equal treatment issues (JML) appointed
The ABE school has appointed a working group for gender equality, diversity and equal treatment issues (JML).
The group consists of representatives for the school's departments, School's Office and the School's Office of Student Affairs. It is chaired by the school's Director of Gender Equality, Diversity and Equal Treatment (JMLA) Mats Wilhelmsson.
The idea is to meet at least twice a semester to discuss school level JML-related issues. The first meeting will take place in October.
The JML working group
- Mats Wilhelmsson, Deputy Head of School och JMLA (chair)
- Malin Åberg Wennerholm, Architecture
- Albania Nissan, Civil and Architectural Engineering
- Andreas Fili, Real Estate and Construction Management
- Katarina Larsen, Philosophy and History
- Lina Suleiman, Urban Planning and Environment
- Elisabeth Ekener and Anders Nilsson, Sustainable Development, Environmental Science and Engineering (SEED)
- Sofia Kroné Karlsson, HR
- Representatative for the School's Office of Student Affairs (Contact person: Tiina Vinter)
Since the beginning of 2018, a new role of responsibility has been added at school level; Director of Gender Equality, Diversity and Equal Treatment (JMLA). JMLA's role is to manage the local JML work and gender equality integration at the school in close collaboration with KTH's newly established Equality Office. Based on a number of reports, a number of problem areas have been identified.
One of these areas is the lack of organisation of the JML work. With the aim of improving and strengthening the organisation of the local JML work at the ABE school, a working group has been established which aims to highlight JML questions at the ABE school through, for example, meetings and seminars. In addition, the group will work to create ways to actively strengthen and initiate the local JML work with regard to students, education, TA staff and faculty.