Ubuntu: Shared mailbox in Mozilla Thunderbird on Ubuntu
Quick reference guide on how to add shared mailbox in Mozilla Thunderbird on Ubuntu computers.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird on your Ubuntu computer
- Click on Local Folders
- Choose View settings for this account under Accounts on the right
- In Account Settings click on Account Actions and choose Add Mail Account
- Under "Set up an Existing Email Account" write name and shared mailbox name. Leave Password field as empty. Click on Manual config
- Write IMAP, SMTP and Username according to the picture below, click on Done. Under "Username: Incoming:" write ug.kth.se / following by your KTH account/shared mailbox name. The password is the very same as used by the personal KTH account.
The shared mailbox name is not the same as firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact KTH IT-Support to get the full shared mailbox name, tel 08-790 6600 or send an e-mail to email@example.com .
- When everything is done, it should look like this
Outgoing Server SMTP Settings: