Contacts for accessible education at KTH
This contact list is aimed at UA and teachers at the schools on all campuses. The list provides information on where to turn with different types of questions about accessibility in education at KTH.
Funka support for students with lasting disabilities
Refer to email@example.com if you have a student with lasting (at least 6 months) and documented disability who needs compensatory support in their studies. The support does not apply to temporary disability due to damage. See matrix with all Funka provided support (pdf in Swedish) .
Premises, Audio induction loops and other room equipment
Search the hall name at KTH Places to find out, for example:
- What equipment for accessibility each room has (eg, audio induction loops, speakers, microphone)
- Which address applies to get to the room via a handicap entrance, et cetera.
Search the room overview on TimeEdit (search schedule) if you want to see a list of all halls with audio induction loops at KTH. Choose which Campus you want to search and check for "hörslinga" in the equipment drop-down.
Error report on 9200 if for example:
- an elevator/door opener does not work
- a hearing loop or other equipment does not work (connect to an AV technician)
- audio induction loop/speaker/microphone needs to be installed in a room.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Property Department (PD)):
- For questions about thresholds, ramps and more.
- To order room adaptation and room changes.
- If the school needs to install a new door opener.
Contact Charlotta Nilsson at email@example.com for tips on how you can teach more accessible and inclusive.
Sign language interpreter
Students with hearing impairments may have a sign language interpreter or writing interpreter with them in the teaching.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- you have questions about interpreter coordination,
- the interpreter needs a Canvas account / KTH account/access to the premises,
- the interpreter needs equipment or a parking permit (picked up at KTH Entré).
See the Framework Agreement database on the Intranet (Swedish) (search for "undertext”) to order subtitles for recorded material (e.g., lectures) from one of KTH's three procured companies.
Automatic subtitling via KTH Play
Since the autumn of 2020, it is possible to order automatically subtitled video subtitles via KTH Play. Note that some manual correction will be required.
- See Video subtitling (captioning) for information and tool manual.
- Contact email@example.com if you have general/pedagogical questions about subtitling and the service.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have technical questions/issues with KTH Play.
- Contact the examination administration at each campus for questions about room placement or other questions about examinations for students with Funka support.
- Read information for examiners about how KTH manages compensatory support(s) when examining students with disabilities
- See Funka's recommendations regarding management of support during the remote examination
- Contact email@example.com if you have questions regarding compensatory support.
Resource room for studies/recovery
Students with permanent disabilities can have access to resource rooms for studies/recovery. Students get access to resource rooms by applying to Funka. Some of the rooms are equipped with a computer with the support programs: Office 365, EasyReader, Spell Rex, Spellright, ClaroRead plus, Zoom Text and TorTalk.
More information can be found on the Resource Room page on KTH's campus .