How to start a social media account at KTH
Social media can be a communication channel for reaching certain target groups, and a cost-effective, fast way to spread news and information.
However, it is important to have a well worked-through strategy and a plan for managing and moderating an account on social media, in order for the communication to reach the desired effect, as well as for the channel to be maintained in a relevant and consistent way.
If you are thinking of starting a social media account under the KTH brand, there are some things you need to do before getting started. These are described in the checklist below. A final decision on start-up is made by the Communications Department.
Checklist for starting an account in social media
- Make a brief description of the background and the need for establishing an account in social media. If it's a Linked In account, see below.
- Write down the goals and purpose for the account. Be as specific as possible and set measurable goals.
- Describe the target group for the account based on criteria such as age, geography, interests and profession.
- Make a plan for resources and staffing, to regularly update the account with content.
- Describe how the analysis and follow-up of the content of the account is to take place in relation to the goal that has been set. Some examples of this could be engagement, clicks, reactions, or cost-per-click / impression.
- Exemplify how KTH's graphic profile will be applied.
- Write down and give examples of how the Data Protection Ordinance will be applied to the account. Also consider the consequences of the Schrems II judgment .
- Write down and give examples of how the Act on Accessibility to Digital Public Services will be applied to the account.
Summarize the points above in an email or a Word document and send your documentation to the social media manager via the function email email@example.com . We will then set up a meeting with you to review the material and conditions. After that, an assessment is made by the Communications Department whether the requirements are met for establishing a new account.
When it comes to LinkedIn we work with showcase pages which are based on specific subjects. The decision whether to start the account or not, is made by the group of communications managers, KOM AG.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .