According to KTH's cooperative agreement all employees at KTH has the right to development dialogues with their immediate manager at least once a year. The development dialogue gives the employee together with the manager a possibility to discuss their work effort and gain understanding for its part in a greater context.
The development dialogue is a well prepared structured discussion for both employee and manager to in accordance come up with an individual action and development plan for the employee. The plan works as a support to achieve the organization´s goals, both KTH general and work place specific visions. The employee and manager can in cooperation develop and improve work efforts and processes. All employees therefor have a chance to influence both their own and their unit’s progress.
Manger and employee should use the questionnaire here as a common preparatory document before the development dialogue. Guide and questionnaire in preperation for development dialogue (docx 62 kB)
The development dialogue shall be documented in writing. Here you may find a template for the dialogue documentation. Documentation of development dialogue.
Special focus of the development dialogue at EECS 2023
In the 2023 development dialogues there should be an extra focus on professional development.
Information about issues of special importance to the school and organizational goals may be found in the Operational Plan 2023. The Operational Plan will be published soon.
Information for managers
As a manager, you should prepare for the employee development dialogue. You may find an employee dialogue guide on KTH central pages. You may find the information by following this link .
Why do we need to have development dialogues?
The purpose of the dialogue is to create a clear definition about:
- Organizational goals
- The employees work tasks
- The competence needs for the employee and the organization
- The expectation from both employee and manager
Benefits for the manager:
- Gaining knowledge about the employees performance and situation
- Information for development and planning
- A complete picture of the work groups´competence and capacity
- Comments on how the managers leadership skills is percieved
Benefits for the employee:
- Can leave comments on their own work
- Make wishes regarding their own development
- Discuss cooperation and relationship with the manager
- Get comments from the manager regarding their work
- In accordance with the manager set personal goals for their continued work
Benefits for all:
- Unite the organization´s goals with the employee´s
- Check the employee´s competence
- Check that previous set goals has been achieved
- Create an individual action- and development plan
- Discuss health and health promoting activities