Mac: Shared mailbox in Outlook
Quick reference guide to use shared mailbox on Mac.
Shared mailboxes are not supported by Apple Mail (the accompanying e-mail client in macOS), instead use Microsoft Outlook for Mac to take advantage of this feature.
Add shared mailbox to Outlook on Mac
Here, you can go through instructions on how to add a shared mailbox in the various Outlook versions on a Mac computer.
Add a shared e-mail box to Outlook Mac 2016
- Add your KTH account to Outlook.
- Choose Outlook and then Preferences and then Accounts. Then click the plus sign on the bottom left and select Exchange.
- Enter the e-mail address of the shared e-mail box (for example: email@example.com) as the e-mail address at the top.
- Fill in your KTH username (as username) and password.
- Click Add Account. In this mode, Outlook may ask for the exact name of the mail server, depending on which school your shared mailbox is attached to. In this case, enter webmail.kth.se.
- You will now see your shared mailbox in the menu on the left and can choose this as a sender for new e-mails.