About exam period P3 and re-exams in April
Here is updated information
The implementation of examinations in period P3 and re-examinations in April will occur per the First and Second Cycle Education Committee's action plan regarding spring 2021. Here you will find essential and practical information as well as tips for remote examination (e.g. the new method of "Zoom presence").
KTH's recommended forms of examination
According to the by the First and Second Cycle Education Committee (GU), the following examination forms apply during spring semester 2021 (VT21):
- Examination must continue primarily with forms of examination other than written campus-based examination.
- Based on proven experience and in order to increase the diversity of examination forms, the First and Second Cycle Education Committee recommends that oral examination or unsupervised digital examinations be used to a greater extent.
- Furthermore, continuous examination is encouraged.
Teachers who have been granted on-campus examination for the re-examination period P3 but who want to switch to a remote form of examination must inform the students in the respective course room in Canvas no later than 26 April.
Important to remember
Use examination rooms
Examination with registration in Ladok must be conducted in examination rooms in Canvas , not in course rooms.
Additional examinations shall be offered
In order to avoid the spread of COVID-19, students who have symptoms before a on-campus examination should be offered an additional examination opportunity. Read about what applies to this in a separate article: Extra examinations to be offered due to COVID-19
Support for students with disabilities
- Contact the exam administration at each campus for questions about room placement or other questions regarding examination for students with support from Funka.
- Read information for examiners about how KTH handles support measures when examining students with disabilities
- See Funka's recommendations on managing support during remote examinations .
- If you have any questions about compensatory support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
New method: Zoom presence
Remote examination with Zoom was developed rapidly in 2020. The method has since been developed to better fit in a digital context in the longer term. The pages on examination with Zoom have now been updated with a new method called Zoom Presence.
In , the student conducts an exam at any quiet place while the student is available via Zoom for communication with the examiner or on-call teacher. The method can be seen as a form of home exam but where the exam assignments can be combined with meetings, either as a progress meeting or a small oral examination moment.
Other examination examples
- For inspiration about examination methods, see Examples of examination solutions .
- Information on how oral examinations can be conducted.
- Recommendations and advice regarding home examination .
Information for students
The students will receive information about what applies to examinations for P3:
- 2 March: information will be published on web pages about
- at the end of March: the monthly newsletter sent to all students, due to the pandemic, will link to the above pages at Student at KTH.