Apply for the ITM School's scholarships until October 25
It is time to apply for a scholarship from the ITM school's foundations. Here you will find information about the 2021 call for school employees.
Application period: July – October 25, 2021.
Please read the instructions carefully before completing the application. Please note that only complete applications will be considered. Information about the application.
The following foundations are included in the announcement:
The Foundation Bergshögskolans Jubilee Fund
The purpose of the foundation is to award travel scholarships to teachers and PhD students, and study scholarships for PhD students, within Materials Science and Engineering.
The Foundation A H Göransson
The purpose of the foundation is to award scholarships to Swedish citizens having a degree from the Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering and is a PhD student whose research may be of significance for the Swedish process metallurgy focused on steel.
The Foundation Walfrid Petersson Memorial Fund
The scholarhip is intended to support research for teachers and PhD students in Materials Science. The undergraduate degree for the PhD students must not be older than one year. The application should contain a description of the purpose of the research. A brief statement of achieved research results should be handed in within two years. The statement can also be handed in in the form of a publication or as a lecture.
The scholarship can also be used as travel scholarships to teachers.
The Yngström Foundation
The purpose of this foundation is to award a grant to a Swedish citizen having an undergraduate degree in Materials Science and who aims to complete research studies and pass a licentiate or PhD degree. PhD students within process metallurgy for steels will be given priority.
These qualifications must be met before applying for the scholarship:
- Eligible applicants for the Foundation Bergshögskolans Jubilee Fund must be a teacher or PhD student within Material Science and Engineering.
- Eligible applicants to the Foundation AH Göransson must be a PhD student with a degree from the Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering. Applicants must be Swedish citizens.
- Eligible applicants to the Foundation Walfrid Petersson Memorial Fund must be a teacher or PhD student in Material Science. The undergraduate degree for the doctoral students must not be older than one year.
- Eligible applicants for the Yngström Foundation must be Swedish citizens and have an undergraduate degree in Material Science. Applicants should aim to complete research studies and pass a licentiate or PhD degree. PhD students within process metallurgy for steels will be given priority.
The following conditions applies
- The application is personal and a granted scholarship cannot be transferred to someone else.
- A granted scholarship may only be used for the activity (trip/conference) decided upon.
- Applications must be for an activity in the future.
- Applications for an activity cannot be made retroactively.
- The applicant is responsible for staying updated on KTH’s recommendations for travel during the pandemic. Information can be found on the KTH website.
- PhD students must enclose a letter of recommendation from their main supervisor.
- For the travel scholarships it applies that a change of the approved activity only is granted in exceptional cases where the reason is beyond the applicant’s control. Information about how to apply for change of approved activity. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com .
- All applicants will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail address provided in the application.
- It is not possible for the scholarship holder to receive a travel scholarship into his/hers own bank account except in cases where he/she is a scholarship-funded PhD student/post doc, masters student or industrial doctoral student. In such cases, the school will help to create a travel expense report. The school submits the form “Transferering av resestipendium från KTH-anknuten stiftelse” ("Transfer of travel scholarship from KTH-affiliated foundation"). The form then has to be sent to the payroll function at the Human Resources department.
- If the planned activity is canceled, the scholarship must be repaid immediately. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how the repayment should be made.
- Scholarships intended for travel can be applied for digital activities such as online conferences or the like. The same conditions apply to digital activities as well as for physical travel.
- Recipients of travel scholarships shall within one month after the end of the journey, fill out an activity report (travel/research) .
- The activity applied for must include active participation in a conference, course or similar (e.g. poster or oral presentation, method work, etc.) or other activity, e.g. exchange, visits to the lab, etc.
- The scholarship cannot be used for overheads paid by the organizer, e.g. conference fees or paid travel or accommodation in connection with being invited as a lecturer.
For travel scholarships the activity must take place during November 2021 – October 2022.
If you are granted a travel or research scholarship, you may not receive the full amount applied for. Usually there are more applicants than the funds can supply for.
- The Foundation Bergshögskolans Jubilee: available amount SEK 46 800.
- The Foundation AH Göransson: available amount SEK 135 900.
- The Foundation Walfrid Petersson Memorial Fund: available amount SEK 113 000.
- The Yngström Foundation: available amount SEK 72 400.
A budget form must be filled out and enclosed with the application. The budget must include documentation clearly showing how the costs have been calculated (with a print screen or the like). Please make sure to mark the costs relevant to your budget. Before submitting the application, make sure to merge the budget form and documentation of the costs into one (1) document (pdf, excel, word). Name the document “Budget” and enclose it with the application. The budget must be based on actual costs for the planned activity. Please note that travel costs have to be calculated based on the most reasonable mode of transport and the tickets must primarily be rebookable in accordance with KTH’s guidelines for travel and sustainability. Other costs should be specified and justified.
Attachments to be included
- A budget must be enclosed for applications to travel scholarships.
- Confirmation of presentation if received Diarienummer VT-2021-0040.
- PhD students should attach a graduation certificate for first/second degree and a letter of recommendation from the main supervisor.
Decisions are made by the scholarship committee for the School of Industrial Engineering and Management.
Recipients of travel scholarships shall within one month after the end of the journey, fill out an activity report (travel/research).
The application is made electronically via digital announcement for the ITM-school . Log in required to KTH webb.
For more information please contact email@example.com . Please inform which foundation and current registration number (diarienummer) in all correspondence.