Spot the difference – troubleshoot examination material in Canvas (120 min)
When you as administrative staff help teachers with examinations in Canvas, you need to be able to troubleshoot their examination room. This workshop gives you a theoretical basis and practical, hands-on experience for that kind of troubleshooting. You also get an overview of the underlying synchronization between different study administrative systems.
A workshop can be ordered by all teaching and course administration staff.
This workshop will start by explaining the sync between the different study administration systems, and then the module-based examination room template will be introduced.
The task for the participants will be to find the mistakes that a hypothetical teacher made when they created an examination and correct the errors. The examination is based on the module-based examination room template.
Participants are expected to be administrative staff who support teachers in examinations, but do not need to have any experience in Canvas.
No specific preparations are required.
After completing the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Briefly explain how Canvas syncs with the study administration systems (Ladok, Kopps, etc.) to create examination and course rooms in Canvas, and how people are added to those rooms based on what roles they have.
- Describe the steps they need to do to add or remove a course participant (students and teachers) in an examination and / or course room in Canvas, in order to be able to answer questions from teachers and toknow which ways it can be done.
- Verify that the examination / submissions are uploaded or submitted in Canvas after an examination (if requested by the examiner).
- Publish a module in connection with the start of the examination, if requested by the examiner.
- Verify module before a planned examination.