Workshops you can order from E-learning
All teaching and course administration staff can order the fully developed workshops we at E-learning previously created on request. Workshops are free for KTH employees. The developed workshops can be varied as needed. You can also order a completely new workshop if needed.
Workshop and drop-in with E-learning
Thursday 2023-12-14, 12:00 - 14:00
Video link: Zoom2023-12-14T12:00:00.000+01:00 2023-12-14T14:00:00.000+01:00 Drop-in with E-learning (14/12) (Workshop and drop-in with E-learning) Drop-in with E-learning (14/12) (Workshop and drop-in with E-learning)
Workshop and drop-in with E-learning
Thursday 2024-01-11, 13:00 - 15:00
Video link: Zoom2024-01-11T13:00:00.000+01:00 2024-01-11T15:00:00.000+01:00 Workshop: Enhance your Canvas room (Workshop and drop-in with E-learning) Workshop: Enhance your Canvas room (Workshop and drop-in with E-learning)
How to order a workshop
E-learning has developed a number of workshops that are available to order. The only requirement is that you who order a workshop teach or work administratively with courses at KTH. You can also order a new workshop or a variant of the workshops we offer.
To order a workshop:
- Read through the developed workshops and decide which one you want, or if you want to order a new one.
- Send an email to
with the following information:
- Suggested date and time for the workshop, at least three weeks in advance.
- Name of the workshop. If you want to order a new workshop (or a variant), you should also include suggestions for learning objectives and target group.
- Number of participants (approximate). We appreciate a list of participants, if possible.
- An estimate of the participants' knowledge of the subject. If you are unsure, let us know and we can send out a form about this to the participants.
Each workshop is explained on the pages below. The pages contain their purpose, preparation for you as a participant and learning objectives.
Introduction to Canvas
If you are new to working in Canvas, here you will find an introduction to the system and its basic functions. The workshop is available in two variants, aimed either at administrators or at teachers.
- Intro to Canvas – course room and assignments (120 min) .
- Intro to Canvas for new administrators (60 min) .
Learning activities and course implementation in Canvas
Canvas has many tools for different learning activities in addition to a normal assignments. These workshops go through some of the useful tools, such as peer review or group assignments.
Before a digital examination, Canvas and other tools need to be prepared. Here are workshops that give you practical experience in that and in helping others with the preparations.
- KTH Digicertus Exam, examination in computer rooms (60 min) .
- Spot the difference – troubleshoot examination material in Canvas (120 min) .
- Assignments in Canvas (60 min) .
- New Quizzes in Canvas (60 min) .
- Zoom before examination (60 min) .
With these workshops, you will learn how to use the tools for digital assessment and how they work together with Canvas. It includes, for example, SpeedGrader, the Gradebook and "KTH Import Exams".
- Learning outcomes in Canvas (75 min) .
- The Gradebook in Canvas (60 min) .
- SpeedGrader in Canvas (60 min) .
- Assessment in Canvas (180 min) .
- Compile grades from different Canvas Rooms via Excel (60 min) .
- Use KTH Import Exams and grade in Canvas (60 min) .
Administration in Canvas
Here you as an administrator will find workshops developed to support you in your work with Canvas. There is one Introductory workshop and one immersive regarding hoe to technically retrieve documents från Canvas.
Working with generative AI (90 min)
Have you heard about generative AI but are not sure how to use it in your work? If so, you can participate in this workshop and get hands-on experience using a generative AI tool to streamline your work tasks. We focus on ChatGPT, but other generative AI tools also works.