Environment and sustainable development – checklist for new employees
As a new employee at KTH and the School of Industrial Engineering & Management, you need to be aware of our sustainability policies and routines. We also offer environmental training, guides and contact information to the school's environmental support and responsible for the environmental management system.
Policy for sustainable development
Employees and those working on behalf of KTH have a responsibility to know the
Policy for sustainable development for KTH .
KTH's overall sustainable development objectives
To gain a better insight into KTH's environmental management work, please read KTH's Sustainable Development Objectives 2016–2020 .
You can find ITM's own action program and environmental targets here: Environmental targets 2016–2020
Basic environmental training
The two-part environmental training introduces KTH's environmental management work and is mandatory for all employees. The training can be done at any time, it only requires a computer and headphones (preferably use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer).
- Part 1: An environmentally certified KTH - About KTH's environment and sustainability work and how you as an employee can contribute. Approximate study time: 20 minutes
- Part 2: Environment and Sustainable Development - An introduction to sustainable development and how environmental, economic and social issues are linked. Approximate study time: 30 minutes.
Overall routines for the environmental management system
The routines ensure that we work in line with KTH's environmental management system and environmental legislation. Skim through all the routines and read the routines that apply to you more carefully.
ITM's development plan
Who can help me with my questions?
Purchasing and procurement
- Do you need to travel or can you book a digital meeting ?
- Choose train before air travel whenever possible.
- Choose direct flight if you book a flight.
- If there are no direct flights, choose the route with the least number of stopovers.
Source sorting, booking travel, catering etc
Chemicals, fire, flammable goods and work environment
The environmental management system
If you have questions regarding the environmental management system or KTH sustainability office, please contact:
KTH Sustainability office (KTHSO)
If you are not sure where your question belongs, you can email ITM's environmental support: