Skip to main content

Opening a doctoral study place

Here you can find the process for opening a doctoral/third cycle education study place at the ABE school.

Before the admission process to the doctoral programme can begin, a study place must be opened. This is done by submitting an initiation letter to the Doctoral Studies officer function for the Director of Third Cycle Education's (FA) decision on opening a study place. Decisions to open a study place must always precede the submission of application documents prior to admission to the doctoral programme.

The funding plan looks different depending on whether the funding is based on doctoral student employment, another employment (industrial doctoral student) or a scholarship.

If you have any questions, please contact the Doctoral Studies officer function at

Here you can read about what applies for: