Information for new employees
To help you get started with your new work, we have collected here a number of important links.
Questions related to your workplace, our organization at EECS or other practicalities
• Contact EECS Service Center for general support and service.
• Contact your support team for questions about HR and Finances
Keep up to date
Your terms of employment
Prior to the start of your employment, you shoud get aware of the terms of employment, your rights and obligations as a KTH employee. These can be found on KTH's intranet under the entry My employment . You can start by reading what applies to you regarding:
• Holidays and other leaves of absence , such as sick leave and parental leave
Healthcare and other employee benefits
In order for you to enjoy your workplace, feel good and keep healthy, KTH offers various employee benefits. Starting from the first day of employment, you have access to the KTH staff portal KTH for me where you can read about all your benefits, including:
All employees have the chance to participate in work environment activities at the school depending on their position and role in the organization. You are required to:
• Follow the KTH Code of Conduct that you will receive as attachment to your employment contract. It is essential that you have read it before your employment starts.
• Inform EECS Service Center or your department manager about all incidents, risks and occupational injuries you are involved in at the workplace, so that they can handle these according to KTH's regulations on reporting incidents, risks and occupational injuries .
• Participate in KTH's development work and actively exercise your opportunity to conduct dialogue on different decisions, either at the department or at the team workplace meetings (arbetsplatsträffar), during your development dialogue or through the union workplace representatives and safety representatives (skyddsombud) at the school's joint consultative group .
KTH and the EECS School are responsible for the work environment and are continually working towards improvements. To see how KTH works on these issues, visit the menu Work Environment on the KTH intranet.
Equality, Diversity and Equal Treatment
KTH is an inclusive and open workplace that values diversity. To see more about how KTH works with this, see KTH's intranet on .
At KTH, there is zero tolerance against discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and any other offensive treatment. Read more about what this means and whom to contact if something happens to you .
Have your profile picture taken
We arrange a profile picture photo shoot for the school's employees every third month. The photo is intended for activity related to your work, such as the profile page, conferences, papers or if you participate in news articles.