- The Head of Division contacts HR at EECS to obtain information on
KTH's regulations concerning adjunct professorship and on the application process
. HR REECS provides support throughout the process.
- The Head of Division requests documentation in the form of a CV and publication list from the candidate in order to initiate a conversation with the school's management.
- The Head of Division consults with the Future Faculty-responsible (FFA) and the school’s promotion committee in order to assess whether the conditions exist for the school to support an Adjunct Professor. Consideration is to be given to
(Appointments procedure at KTH: point 1.4, Guideline to the appointemts procedure: point 2.2) and to
the EECS school’s decision on local guidelines for affiliated faculty and adjunct professors
- The FFA contacts the Dean of Faculty with documentation (the candidate’s CV and publication list) for an informal discussion on the matter.
- If the Dean of Faculty, the FFA and the school’s promotion committee agree on an approval, the FFA will decide to formally initiate the process and notify HR EECS of this.
The school’s request and proposal for experts
- The Head of Division proposes four experts with an equal gender distribution to the FFA.
- The FFA selects two experts and informs HR EECS of this.
- HR EECS contacts the two selected experts to ask whether the individuals can take on the assignment and to gather documentation on which to base decisions (conflict of interest form, CV, publication list).
- The Head of Division
, fills it out and submit it to HR EECS electronically for review.
- The Head of Division contacts HR EECS to receive the current template for a contract to be written together with the candidate's employer.
- HR checks that the request contains the relevant parts for further processing.
- The Head of Division and the FFA discuss the matter in the school's management council.
- The signed original of the request and the relevant agreement attachment signed by all parties are sent to HR EECS for uploading into the recruitment system.
- HR EECS sends an application link to the candidate. This happens soon after the FFA's message to HR EECS to initiate the process. HR EECS follows up on the application being received
- HR EECS uploads the school’s request into the recruitment system.
- HR EECS hands the matter over to the HR KTH for further processing and decision-making according to
KTH’s administrative procedure
Contacts for questions regarding faculty recruitment