An affiliation is an agreement with a research partner concerning the exchange of knowledge. An affiliated professor will thus not be employed by KTH.
- The Head of Division contacts HR at the school to obtain information on as well as instructions for appointment as affiliated professor . HR provides support throughout the process.
- The Head of Division requests documentation in the form of a CV and publication list from the candidate in order to initiate the conversation with the school.
- The Head of Division consults with the Future Faculty-responsible and the school’s promotion committee in order to assess whether the conditions exist for the school to support affiliation. Consideration must be given to KTH's instructions for appointment as affiliated professor .
- The Future Faculty-responsible contacts the Dean of faculty with documentation (the candidate’s CV and publication list) for an informal discussion on the matter.
- If the Dean, the Future Faculty-responsible and the school’s promotion committee agree on an approval, the Future Faculty-responsible will decide to formally initiate the process and notify HR of this.
The school’s request
- The Head of Division fill out a request and submits it to HR electronically for review.
- HR checks that the request contains the relevant parts for further processing.
- The Head of Division and the Future Faculty-responsible discusses the matter of affiliation in the Management Council.
- The signed original of the request is sent to HR for uploading in the recruitment system.
- HR sends an application link to the candidate. This happens soon after the Future Faculty-responsible’s message to HR to initiate the process. HR follows up on the application being received.
- HR uploads the school’s request in the recruitment system.
- HR hands the matter over to the University Administration for further processing and decision-making according to .