An affiliation is an agreement with a research partner concerning the exchange of knowledge. Affiliated faculty will thus not be employed at KTH.
- The Head of Division contacts HR at the school to obtain information on KTH’s regulations concerning affiliated faculty and on the application process. HR provides support throughout the process.
- The Head of Division requests documentation in the form of a CV and publication list from the candidate in order to initiate the conversation with the school.
- The Head of Division consults with the Future Faculty-responsible and the school’s promotion committee in order to assess whether the conditions exist for the school to support affiliation. Consideration is to be given to KTH’s guidelines for affiliated faculty and the school’s decision on local guidelines for affiliated faculty and adjunct professors .
- The Future Faculty-responsible contacts the Dean of Faculty with documentation (the candidate’s CV and publication list) for an informal discussion on the matter.
- If the Dean, the Future Faculty-responsible and the school’s promotion committee agree on an approval, the Future Faculty-responsible will decide to formally initiate the process and notify HR of this.
The school’s request
- The Head of Division fills out a request and submits electronically to HR for review.
- The Head of Division contacts HR to receive the current template for a contract to be written together with the candidate's employer.
- HR checks that the request contains the relevant parts for further processing.
- The Head of Division and the Future Faculty-responsible discuss the matter of affiliation in the Management Council.
- The signed original of the request and the contract signed by all parties are sent to HR for uploading in the recruitment system.
- HR sends an application link to the candidate. This happens soon after the Future Faculty-responsible’s message to HR to initiate the process. HR follows up on the application being received.
- HR uploads the school’s request in the recruitment system.
- HR hands the matter over to the University Administration for further processing and decision-making according to .