An affiliation is an agreement with a research partner concerning the exchange of knowledge. Affiliated faculty will thus not be employed at KTH.
- The Head of Division contacts HR at EECSl to obtain information on KTH’s regulations concerning affiliated faculty and on the application process. HR EECS provides support throughout the process.
- The Head of Division requests documentation in the form of a CV and publication list from the candidate in order to initiate the conversation with the school.
- The Head of Division consults with the Future Faculty-responsible (FFA) and the school’s promotion committee in order to assess whether the conditions exist for the school to support affiliation. Consideration is to be given to KTH’s guidelines for affiliated faculty and the school’s decision on local guidelines for affiliated faculty and adjunct professors .
- The FFA contacts the Dean of Faculty with documentation (the candidate’s CV and publication list) for an informal discussion on the matter.
- If the Dean, the FFA and the school’s promotion committee agree on an approval, the FFA will decide to formally initiate the process and notify HR EECS of this.
The school’s request
More information about the process and templates may be found on KTHs central pages about recruitment. Click here to get redirected to the right page (only in Swedish).
- The Head of Division fills out a request and submits it electronically to HR EECS for review.
- The Head of Division contacts HR EECS to receive the current template for a contract to be written together with the candidate's employer.
- HR EECS checks that the request contains the relevant parts for further processing.
- The Head of Division and the FFA discuss the matter of affiliation in the Management Council.
- The signed original of the request and the contract signed by all parties are sent to HR EECS for uploading in the recruitment system.
- HR sends an application link to the candidate. This happens soon after the FFA’s message to HR EECS to initiate the process. HR EECS follows up on the application being received.
- HR EECS uploads the school’s request in the recruitment system.
- HR EECS hands the matter over to the HR KTH for further processing and decision-making according to .