Extended Data Storage
Information about the "Extended Data Storage" service. The service is available to KTH staff as an additional service in data storage.
The IT department provides extended storage as an additional service within data storage to the entire KTH, the service is not for commercial or personal use and is aimed at groups that want to store larger amounts of data. This service is an additional service to the regular common/project area data storage offered within KTH Windows, but users who are not connected to KTH Windows can also use the service. The service is for storing information such as measurement data, instrument data, etc. that are not suitable for ordinary common/project areas as data of this kind is often bulky.
Benefits of the service
- Costs - No investment in or upgrading of hardware or software
- Availability - You can access your files from KTH or via VPN/Citrix connection from home
- Security - your files are stored in KTH's data halls, which are monitored around the clock.
- Redundant storage (the disk system)
- Support via the usual channels
- Daily backups for 30 days
- Access management via UG Groups in the Personal Menu
- Extended storage up to a maximum of 10TB.
Charging for the service will be done annually via invoice for the area you use, however we charge for at least 1TB to cover our costs.
- All systems that have a computer that can handle smb/cifs, i.e. Windows file extension, can connect to the service.
- Minimum requirements for clients to access the service are SMB 1.0 and support for NTLMv2.
Support and Order
Support and ordering are handled via KTH IT support:
Opening hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00-16.00
Telephone: +46 8 790 6600
Visiting address: KTH Entré, Drottning Kristinas väg 4